14 Sept 2015

Week 59 Larnaca

  

What are you doing today? 
Today is a day for the Lord.
What does it mean to you?

This weeks white-boarding message, both pictures thanks to Panayiotis.

"It was a really great week! We had the sand storm yeah, well it wasn't so much a sand storm as a big cloud of dust that got collected in Syria and dumped on Cyprus. We had 2 or 3 days when we weren't out and about in the street, but we were able to get lifts from the Jacobsen's and from Panayiotis, and it didn't slow us down at all as we were able to fill our days with helpful activities anyway!"


"E. and R. will both have their baptismal interviews on Wednesday, and will hopefully both be baptised on Saturday! We're really excited! And yesterday Pavlos brought his sister M. to church as well as her 14 year old son M., so altogether we had 7 Cypriots which was fantastic!"

"Great to hear about the homecoming talks this week! In sacrament meeting yesterday we finished 15 minutes early and I was conducting, so I gave an impromptu talk about prayer and scripture study with examples from the New Testament and Book of Mormon, I actually really enjoyed doing it.
we.... speak in English here in the branch, as the majority don't know Greek (we have translation equipment for Greek). But to be honest I'm actually better at talking about the Gospel a lot of the time in Greek, and am always aware of the brokenness of my English when I give a talk now! It was funny because I only had my scriptures in Greek with me, so I read some from them and then had Elder Dixon run up to the stand with English scriptures"

"And then either Sister Indelicato does the translation or I do, depending on if I'm conducting or not."

"We had a really amazing lesson with R. where we taught about the temple and then watched the DVD about the restoration. I loved the opportunity to bear testimony afterwards about how the restoration means that I can be with my family forever, and how grateful I am for that."

"Okay I'm gonna get going now! Have a great day and a better week, I love you all! Hopefully I'll have pictures from two baptisms to send next Monday!"

Last weeks P-day visit to .....




"Some from the mosque we visited on Monday 
(I absolutely loved not wearing my shoes inside on the carpet)"
Its the little things, like walking on carpet for the first time since being in Greece/Cyprus !

The normal blue skies were gone in Larnaca this week due to dust clouds.

"The dust apocalypse"


"The sky above the lake isn't dark and grey because of clouds 
(they don't know what clouds are here), it's dust making the sky dark"

A surface in the flat


"The salt lake here in Larnaca, it's dried out at the minute so you can see all of the salt."



"We had a lesson with R. We taught about temple work, eternal marriage and family history and it was one of the best lessons of my mission. R absolutely loved it and he had perfect questions at every point of the lesson."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...